About our Council
The Sun Prairie Knights of Columbus Council 4879 was instituted on December 6, 1959 through the efforts of District Deputy Jerome Weisensel. The original membership was comprised of 44 men from Sun Prairie and the surrounding area and has since grown in membership, reaching a high of nearly 300 men. In 1963 the council changed its name to the Holy Family Council, as it is now known. The Holy Family Council works closely with the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary and St. Albert the Great parishes, and is an active council that participates in many Supreme and State programs as well as conducting local activities that benefit Church, Family and Community.