SK Mr Gerald E Gonsoski is the Event Chairman for this event
SHALL WE NOT HEED THE REQUEST OF THE WOUNDED HEART OF OUR MOTHER?
On December 10, 1925, our Loving Mother Mary, appearing to Lucy, the only survivor of those who saw our Lady at Fatima, spoke these heart-rending words: “My child, behold My Heart surrounded with the thorns which ungrateful men place therein at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You, at least, try to console Me. Announce in My name that I promise to assist at the hour of death, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, shall:
- Go to confession and receive Holy Communion,
- Recite the Rosary,
- And keep Me company for a quarter of an hour while meditating on the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary,
- With the intention of making reparation to Me. I promise to assist them at the hour of their death with all the graces necessary to save their souls.”
N.B. The Confession may be made during the eight days before or after the Communion. The Rosary (five decades) may be recited at any convenient time of the day, and the 15- minute meditation may be made at any time of the day, either on all the mysteries as a whole, or on one special mystery.
When Sister Lucy, in prayer, asked our Lord why five Saturdays, He answered: “My daughter, the reason is simple. There are five types of offenses and blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
- Blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception.
- Blasphemies against Her Virginity.
- Blasphemies against Her Divine Maternity, in refusing at the same time to recognize Her as the Mother of men.
- The blasphemies of those who publicly seek to sow in the hearts of children indifference or scorn, or even hatred of this Immaculate Mother.
- The offenses of those who outrage Her directly in Her Holy Images.
“Here, My daughter, is the reason why the Immaculate Heart of Mary inspired Me to ask for this little act of reparation …”
Are there not enough devotions? But, devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary is one about which it has been said in the apparitions at Fatima, that GOD wants this devotion to be established and should mean the beginning of a greater cult of the same Heart; and that this cult should mean placing the Mother’s Heart beside that of the Son.
It does not seem that such significant and meaningful words have been spoken about any devotion!
AN ACT OF CONSECRATION
Immaculate Heart of Mary, who together with the Heart of Jesus Thy Son suffered so greatly for the salvation of the world, Thou manifested Thy fervent desire that we should consecrate ourselves to Thy Heart and practice the special devotion of the Five First Saturdays, I hereby, wish to do as Thou desired: Obtain for me the grace to live so as to be truly consecrated. I wish to do this reparation for the sins wounding Thy Motherly Heart. Accept this dear Mother and
+ R. ARULAPPA
Former Archbishop of
Madras – Mylapore.