- We have been providing a Lenten Meal each Friday at the Basilca's Varallo Hall at 6:30, beginning Friday, February 16th and continuing two more weeks to March 23rd. This week, Larry Jackson is preparing grilled cheese sandwiches, and I will bring an enormous amount of soup and drinks. However, we need volunteers to help with preparation and clean-up for the next two Fridays. Let Mike Meehan know if you can help on these dates.
- Congratulations to Council 610's two newest 4th Degree Sir Knights: Sir David Wilkey and Sir Kevin Schafluetzel!
This Sunday, March 18, Adam Foster needs help passing out literature to the Basilica RCIA class after he gives them the Knights of Columbus full court press. Let him know if you can be there around 9:30.
- We are supporting school fundraisers at OLPH (March 17), St. Jude (April 14), and NDHS (March16). While we've already committed resources and volunteers at two of these, all of these schools need participants at their various events.
- This Saturday, March 17th, is our next Habitat for Humanity volunteer day. The build is from 8-4 on that Saturday. We have 7 committed volunteers but can have one more if you're interested.
- Upcoming Degree dates: FIRST DEGREE at 610 on April 9th--do you know of any eligible Catholic gentlemen who can help strengthen our order? Let me know ASAP.
- We need 8-10 volunteers for two events to handle parking: Saturday, April 14 at the Jockeys and Juleps St. Jude fundraiser and Saturday, April 21st, at the Special Olympics at Red Bank High.
- KOC Council 610 Scholarship Deadline May 1st for upcoming 8th graders coming to NDHS. Email me if you'd like you and your teen to apply for this $1,000 per year scholarship.
- Finally, as we Catholic men lead our families, parishes and communities this Lenton season in acts of giving, repentance, reflection, and prayer, please include the following in your daily prayers: the souls of Joy Daniel, Chad Chranlager, and Claire Homar, and specific prayer intentions have been requested for Brother Daniel Sharkey, Brother Luis Rodriguez, Brother Greg Howard, Brother Chris Snellgrove, Brother Michael Labbe, Coley Fryer and his young family, Frank and Carol Hackett, Kimberly Sexton, and Jim Poole.