Good Shepherd Council 15789 Announcements
Knights of Columbus
Good Shepherd Council #15789
1000 Tinker Rd.
Colleyville, Texas 76034
February 24, 2018
Worthy Grand Knights,
It is my pleasure to announce that the Knights of Columbus, Good Shepherd Council #15789, in Colleyville, Texas will be hosting a Knight in a Day Admission, Formation and Knighthood (1st, 2nd, & 3rd Degrees) on Saturday, April 14, 2018. The mass will be in the Chapel and all other activities will be held in the Parish Hall, located at 1000 Tinker Rd., Colleyville, Texas, 76034.
Schedule of Events:
8:30 – 9:15am Mass in Chapel
9:15 – 10:00am Registration/Continental Breakfast
10:00 – 11:00am (promptly) Admission 1st Degree
11:00am – 2:00pm Conferring of candidates into Formation
and Knighthood, 2nd & 3rd Degrees
2:00 – 3:30pm Knighting ceremony w/wives and Meal
The dress code for the day will be what you wear to Sunday Mass, but please no shorts. There is no cost for the candidates and his lady on this day. The cost for members and guest will be $5.00 per person. Remember that the Fort Worth Chapter is a leader in the state for tradition and this event will be considered as such. We are expecting a minimum of 30 candidates. Councils be sure you have all form 100s and Medallions and Rosary kits and your Councils Constitutional roll. Please be sure at least one or more members from your council is there to escort your candidates.
Council #15789 would ask you to pre-register candidates if all possible providing names and member number to Membership Director John Bateson JEBATESON@GMAIL.COM
For additional information and details, please contact one of the following:
Conferring Officer Bill Kennedy email@example.com 903-694-5105
Membership Director John Batson JEBATESON@GMAIL.COM 817-975-3159
Host Grand Knight Obie Obregon firstname.lastname@example.org 817-528-2393
Host District Deputy Guillermo Munoz email@example.com 817-501-8567
Host Field Agent Andrew Tice ANDREWTICE@KOFC.ORG 817-829-1515
Obie Obregon Grand Knight #15789
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
GOOD SHEPHERD COUNCIL # 15789
IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE OUR
EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Applicants must meet all qualifications for entry into and be accepted by an institution of higher education as defined in guideline two below.
- The educational scholarship money must pay for education in a university, college, junior college, technical school, business school, or seminary. The selection of the institution is the student's choice. The scholarship money will be paid directly to the institution upon written confirmation of acceptance.
- The applicant must be an active Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- The applicant must show a valid need for the scholarship money.
- The applicant must be a graduating senior in high school.
- The applicant must have a father, grandfather, uncle, (active or deceased) in Council # 15789.
- The Council shall decide the eligibility of the applicant and vote on the applicant.
- The application must be complete and submitted by the 1st Monday, of May’s Council Meeting of each year.
- The scholarship will be awarded based on scholastic ability, financial need, and active membership by the Council member.
- The Grand Knight shall appoint a Review Committee which shall review all applications and determine the winner[s] and amount[s] to be awarded. The Committee’s decision shall be final.
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for this scholarship please fill out the document at the link below and return to Good Shepard Catholic Community main office located at 1000 Tinker Road, Colleyville, TX 76034
Council 15789 will like to announce:
KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
TEXAS STATE COUNCIL
EDUCATIONAL GRANT PROGRAMS
For more information, to apply, or to obtain a copy of the necessary document please follow the link below:
Good Shepherd Catholic Community
The Upper Room 2nd Floor
1000 Tinker Road, Colleyville, TX 76034
Time: First Monday Of the Month
6:15 - 6:45pm - Officers Meeting
6:45 - 7:00pm - Rosary
7:00 - 7:15pm - Light Snack
7:15 - 9:00pm - Business Meeting